How to Write a Script for Explainer Video?
Explainer videos are a popular form of digital marketing that businesses use to explain their products, services, or concepts to their target audience.
A good explainer video can help you grab your audience’s attention and convey your message in an engaging and effective way.
However, writing a script for an explainer video can be challenging, especially if you are new to the process. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to write a script for an explainer video.
- Determine your target audience Before you start writing your script, it’s crucial to identify your target audience. Understanding your audience’s needs, preferences, and interests will help you create a script that resonates with them. Ask yourself: who is my target audience, what are their pain points, and how can my product or service solve their problems?
- Define your message The next step is to define your message. What is the primary message that you want to convey in your explainer video? Identify the key points that you want to highlight and make sure that they are clear, concise, and easy to understand.
- Create a storyline Once you have identified your message, the next step is to create a storyline. A good storyline should have a clear beginning, middle, and end. The beginning should grab your audience’s attention, the middle should provide the necessary information, and the end should provide a clear call-to-action.
- Write the script Now it’s time to write the actual script. Keep in mind that an explainer video should be short and sweet, usually between 60-90 seconds. Start by introducing the problem that your target audience is facing, then highlight how your product or service can solve that problem. Use simple language, and avoid technical jargon that might confuse your audience. Finally, end the video with a clear call
how to find script ideas for explainer video
Here are some tips to help you find script ideas for an explainer video:
- Identify the problem: Start by identifying the problem that your target audience is facing. This could be a common issue that your product or service solves or a challenge that your audience is trying to overcome.
- Define your audience: Determine who your target audience is and what their interests and pain points are. This will help you tailor your script to their specific needs and preferences.
- Use storytelling: Use storytelling to create a narrative that connects with your audience. This can help keep them engaged and interested in your product or service.
- Focus on benefits: Highlight the benefits of your product or service rather than just the features. Explain how your product or service can solve the problem your audience is facing and improve their lives.
- Keep it simple: Keep your script simple and easy to understand. Avoid technical jargon or complicated language that may confuse your audience.
- Use humor: Humor can be a great way to engage your audience and make your video more memorable. However, make sure it is appropriate and relevant to your audience and message.
- Use visuals: Use visuals to help explain complex ideas or concepts. This can include charts, graphs, animations, or illustrations.
- Keep it short: Keep your explainer video script short and to the point. Ideally, it should be no longer than 90 seconds to two minutes.
- Research competitors: Research your competitors and see what kind of explainer videos they have produced. This can help you identify areas where you can differentiate yourself and come up with unique script ideas.
Sample script for explainer video
Here’s a sample script for an explainer video:
[Opening shot of a person looking at their computer screen]
Narrator: “Do you ever find yourself struggling to keep up with all the information coming at you?”
[Cut to a close-up of a cluttered desktop screen]
Narrator: “With so many tabs, files, and notifications, it can be overwhelming to stay organized and productive.”
[Cut to an animated character appearing on screen]
Narrator: “That’s where our product comes in.”
[Zoom in on the animated character holding a mobile device]
Narrator: “Introducing the XYZ app, the all-in-one productivity tool that helps you manage your workflow and stay focused.”
[Cut to an overview of the app’s interface, highlighting key features]
Narrator: “With XYZ, you can easily create to-do lists, set reminders, and track your progress all in one place.”
[Cut to a shot of the app syncing across multiple devices]
Narrator: “And the best part? XYZ syncs seamlessly across all your devices, so you can stay productive no matter where you are.”
[Cut to a shot of the animated character using the app on their phone]
Narrator: “So why waste time juggling multiple tools and apps when you can streamline your workflow with XYZ?”
[Closing shot of the animated character smiling]
Narrator: “Download XYZ today and start achieving your goals.”
[End of video]